Help Flinders Foundation make a difference in cancer research and care
By supporting Flinders Foundation, you can help us:
- Fund world-class research that leads to breakthroughs in early detection, prevention and treatment of cancer
- Provide state-of-the-art equipment and facilities that enable compassionate care to be provided for people affected by cancer
- Provide wellness programs that help people with cancer cope with the physical, social and emotional challenges of the disease
- Give hope and healing to the 30,000 patients and their families who visit the Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer each year.
Your support will save lives and improve outcomes for people with cancer.Make a donation to support cancer research and care
Our vision for a better future
At Flinders Foundation, we dream of a day when cancer is a chapter in the history books.
We know it’s an almost impossible dream, but we won’t give up. So we’ve adjusted the goalposts instead.
Our vision is to help people live longer and happier lives with the ones they love.
That’s why we built the Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer (FCIC) – a place where patients, researchers and clinicians work together to create positive impacts in cancer.
The FCIC is more than an impressive glass building. It’s a hub of excellence and innovation where cutting-edge research meets compassionate care. It’s a place that treats the whole person, not just the disease.
It’s a place where hope and healing is a part of its DNA.Discover more about the Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer
Saving lives, one breakthrough at a time
In the past decade, FCIC has made remarkable progress in advancing our understanding and treatment of cancer. Thanks to your support, Flinders Foundation has:
- Supported 120 cancer research projects totalling more than $40 million
- Made a breakthrough discovery in glioblastoma research, testing new treatments to see how tumour cells behave
- Discovered a link between red meat and cancer, leading to dietary recommendations for prevention
- Developed a bowel cancer test that contributed to the national screening program
- Saved the Australian health system over $100 million by using precision medicine to tailor doses for each patient
- Conducted behavioural science studies to promote skin cancer prevention and awareness
- Established Australia’s first survivorship program to help people with cancer recover and thrive
- Built a wellness centre to offer holistic services to address the unmet needs of people affected by cancer.
These are just some of the amazing achievements that you have helped us accomplish. But there’s still so much more to do.Read more stories about cancer research and care that you have made possible
Support cancer research and care at Flinders
Your contribution is more than a donation. It’s the fuel for care, the spark of hope and the source of breakthroughs that improve health outcomes for everyone.
Your monthly commitment empowers us to meet critical health and research needs.
Join the thousands of South Australians who make a difference while having fun at a range of events and activities each year.
When you fundraise for us, you'll make a positive impact on the world, help save lives, find cures and have some fun along the way!
If you’ve got time to spare and a passion for a good cause, why not roll up your sleeves and join Flinders Foundation as a volunteer?